Matt Stephens has written a witty and caustic review of JavaFX on The Register. While its not uncommon for reviewers to rip apart JavaFx, Matt has a few interesting perspetives. The key points in his review (according to me) are as follows:
- Sun takes a long time to get products out the door. (We all know that, don't we?)
- Change of language syntax late in the game isn't a great idea
- There is no XML decalarative support in a time and age when XML is widespread
- The user is agnostic to the specific RIA toolkit as far as the UI works.
- Sun talks about JavaFX at JavaOne and not otherwise (Quite true!)
- Developers are waiting for JavaFX to be ready for primetime. (Sun do something -- they will stop waiting and move on otherwise)